This morning we had a lot of fun and some tears at a 5K and kids run. It was
hot… The kids run was a bit of a mess. First race they’ve done so figuring
things out still. The kids run was a lap around the football field at one of
the highschools. Parker was so excited for it. They broke up the ages, 4-5,
6-7 and 8-10. 4-5 year old went last. I had Landon with me, Parker was lined
up in the front. Unfortunately that wasn’t wise. Not his fault, but a kid
behind him stepped on his shoe giving him a flat tire. Parker went down and a
few kids fell on top of him. He didn’t want to continue. I finished the lap
with Landon. Funny thing is I saw the kids piled up but didn’t know at first it
was Parker at the bottom. When I got back with Landon Parker needed some mommy
hugs. We sat. He said he never wanted to race again. I explained it wasn’t
his fault and now we know if the future to stand in the back so that doesn’t
happen again. He agreed to run a lap with me. I said holding hands, but he
wanted me to carry him. That wasn’t happening! Then he said he wanted to do the
lap all on his own and he did. He ran in so fast I was so afraid he was going
to fall flat on his face. There were some volunteers still near the finish line
cleaning up. I told them what happened and asked them all to cheer him in.
They were all too happy to do so. He was awesome. He finished fast and strong
and asked to go around again. So he did. Running the whole lap again. We were
so proud of him. There were bouncers and games to play. Here’s some of the fun
we had. And it was fun. When Parker got in his car seat he immediately said
“that was fun”.
After rest time it was time to head to head to Parker’s 7th game of the
season. There were a few kids missing and it was very very hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment